Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Upper Emerald Pool

At the Upper Emerald Pool we all took a break and the kids played in the water - which was pretty cold. The Upper Pool is in a little cove sourrounded by beautiful red cliff walls. The accoustics are fantastic and everyone talks quietly because you can hear what everyone says. It is rather serene....except when Ben is there. Ben was putting his hands in the water and I guess he got really cold because he yelled across the pool to Mike, "My hands are cold!" He repeated it several times and each yell became more and more shrill until he was frantically flapping his hands. Everyone stopped and looked - how could they not - Ben had unwittingly become the center of everyone's attention. Mike yelled back at Ben the most obvious response, "WELL QUIT PUTTING YOUR HANDS IN THE WATER!" Ben became hysterical, "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, I wanna go home!" So, I decided to claim Ben at that point (just a little embarrased) and hurried him away from everyone so they could enjoy their lunch. Emotions escalated quickly with my little man.
















No comments:

Post a Comment