Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stuff that has gone on at our house

Mike has been painting like a madman lately. He took the week of Labor Day off only to labor at home. Ben and I tried to help a little, but Mike threw us out and off of painting duty. We are too slow. Not that I am complaining. I am not very fond of painting. The house looks great!! There is a little bit more work to do, but I am not worried. Mike will get it done before the end of the year.

On to an episode I like to call "Do as I say, not as I toot." Manners at the dinner table have become a nightly discussion in our home - things like -"Don't burp at the table", "don't blow bubbles in your water", "don't wave your fork in my face" - stuff like that. One night we were giving Ben the lecture and five minutes later, I kid you not, Mike absentmindedly passes loud gas while eating his dinner. Ugh. I kindly reminded him that this was incredibly bad manners and a little hypocritical. Mike sheepishly apologized after everyone was done giggling.

Other stuff - Gabe told me the other day that he was "tewwified of the Monkey" at a Moon Bounce place called Monkey Joe's. I was amazed that he used the word "terrified" at all, let alone using it in the right context. That 's quite a mouthful for a two and a half year old.

Ben is loving kindergarten - he is currently the line leader - of which he is very proud. However, he is most eager to be the door holder - he has lofty ambitions. Mike and I have discussed this - how can we help him become the door holder? Should we make him practice? ;) Mike will discuss this with his teacher at Parent/Teacher night.

I am headed to surgery tomorrow morning (the 26th). My right knee is giving me grief so I get to have my meniscus repaired and most likely my ACL as well. Sounds like a barrel of fun, eh? Mom is coming out to help, which I am sooooo grateful for. That is also why I am writing because I am not sure when I will be making the trek to the basement. Probably not too long.

Love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment