Friday, April 18, 2008

Why I have been MIA

I realize that I haven't posted for a little while. I'll give you the honest truth - I think I have been in the shlumpy dumpies lately. It's no fun to write when you can't say something nice and I am not about to air all my dirty laundry on the internet. But, I realized earlier this week (at church) what the problem is and I'll give to you in three simple letters - NPR!!!! Yes, I am a National Public Radio junkie.

So, this week I am doing my best to listen to NPR as little as possible. The problem with it is that there is very little good news these days. I would find myself fretting about the price of gas, the mortgage crisis, and of course - will we ever get out of Iraq? But what can I do about any of these things? Very little or nothing at all. Here is my solution for anyone else who is a Wall Street Journal reader, news watcher, NPR listener - TURN IT OFF, DON'T READ IT, DON'T WATCH IT!!! You know what? At General Conference, there was no mention of the economy or the war in Iraq. They did acknowledge that times are challenging - but when have they NOT mentioned this before? Times are always challenging - that's LIFE.

Now I listen to general conference on my IPOD or I listen to music that makes me happy (love the "Juno" soundtrack - minus a couple of songs). I have a good friend of mine who is usually a very happy person - and you know what? She doesn't read the paper, watch the news, or listen to the news. How informed must we be? Anyway - that's my blurb. I can honestly say I am feeling much better. I can't say that I will never listen to NPR again - there are some quality programs on it, but no more morning news!!!

Now for some photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment