Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ben's talk in church

Ben gave a talk in primary on Sunday and did a great job. I wish I could remember it verbatim but it went something like this, (Mike showed a picture of the earth) "Heavenly Father & Jesus created the earth. It is a very special planet. (picture of Adam & Eve) Heavenly Father also created people to look like Him, with a head, two arms, two legs, and a body. (picture of Joseph Smith and the vision) Jesus and Heavenly Father appeared to Joseph Smith and they have bodies, like me. I know I am a child of God." He said some other things, but I don't remember it all. But - he was the one that put it together and used his own words. It was really, REALLY cute.

I write a lot about Ben so I thought I would write a little about Gabe. We call him the little imp. He has this air of mischief that I find endearing and maddening at the same time. He teases Ben like crazy, much to Ben's chagrin. Ben yells at him a lot and I think Gabe's way of getting back at him is to quietly harrass him - move his toys, sneak things from him and run away only to throw it at Ben when he demands the item back. Sometimes I think Ben deserves it - he is a little bossy. Gabe has some wonderfully redeeming qualities - he is too dang cute and his smile is always contagious. And Gabe is very affectionate - loves to snuggle and give big juicy kisses. I'm a lucky mommy - I tell both of them that all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment