Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas and the invalid

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were a little on the mellow side. Sweet little Ben came down with Flu, so he fell asleep at 5:00 pm on Christmas Eve. I was a little saddened by this because I was so excited to go to this local church - one of the oldest in PA (George Washington went to services there) - where they have a candlelight vigil and a live nativity. Instead we stayed at home and watched a Christmas Video about the birth of Christ. But, it was still nice - quiet and mellow. On Christmas Day, Ben woke up with a little bit of energy. At about noon, he was spent. We watched movies and hung out with Grandma and Grandpa and ate a LOT of food. I made crepes with my fancy new crepe maker that I got for Christmas (thanks to the Fairchild's). We kept our pajamas on all day. It was great! By Thursday Ben was really sick. I took him to the Dr. and got all the medicine he needed to recuperate. On Friday, when Bonnie and Kent left Ben was starting to perk up a bit. He is not a very nice sick boy. We were yelled at a lot by the patient. "Leave me alone!" "I just don't want you to be by me!" "I just want to be alone!" "Give me some cold cold water from the fridge!" Poor Bonnie and Kent weren't allowed to go near His Majesty (as ordered by the Majesty himself). He could barely tolerate me and Mike and Mike is his best buddy. So, now I am in the process of bringing His Majesty down to earth. Even though he still is a little sick, he has to cater to himself. No more ordering around! (Yeah right).

No comments:

Post a Comment