Sunday, November 16, 2008

Knee Surgery

I haven't really written for awhile about what is going on in our household so I think I'll update. Let's see - October.

Well, I am in recovery from my knee surgery. I still need to be doing physical therapy... haven't been too diligent about that. I suffer from "please can you watch my children" - itis. Lots of people have been willing and able.. but I don't know what my deal is. I don't want to inconvenience anyone, I guess. I do have a couple of friends that I swap with, though and I do rely on them. But, my knee is doing pretty well. Looking at me, you would never know that I had surgery 6 weeks ago. I just keep doing my exersizes at home, mostly building muscle - my right leg is a little flabby because of the muscle atrophy. Not pretty. Mike was great right after my surgery. I was in a lot of pain, on Percoset, and I couldn't get myself out of bed. He would heft my leg out of the bed and help me stand and he was taking care of the kids over the weekend. Thankfully, my mom was there to help the week following my surgery - I wouldn't have made it without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment