Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

 

On Thursday morning we went to Animal Kingdom and managed to go on the rides we wanted to  - I subscribed to this awesome website called Tour Guide Mike. It was invaluable. Mike gives recommendations on what park to go to on which day, and what rides to hit first, and what to get fast passes for.  It worked out really well for us. Sidebar – Ben and I rode the “Everest” ride – definitely an adventuresome ride.  Ben was a little anxious about this because at one point during the ride we encounter the “abominable  snowman”.  However, with some encouragement, he got on.  Needless to say after the ride was over – he exclaimed loudly so everyone could hear that he “hated that ride!”.  I loved it.  By the time 1:00 rolled around we had been on every ride we wanted to go on and some we had done twice. 

Since we had a reservation for an EARLY dinner (3:45 sheesh) in Hollywood studios (combined with reservations to the “stunning spectacular show Fantasmic”) we wanted to get there early enough to ride some rides, and not be in a rush.  It was a nice leisurely afternoon – except for the allergic reaction Ben had – to who knows what.  He broke out in itchy hives all over his face.  Luckily, Hollywood Studios had an emergency clinic with Benadryl on hand.  Freaked me out a little.  We had an awesome dinner at “Hollywood and Vine”.  It was a buffet and it was AWESOME food.  I know that BUFFET and AWESOME don’t really go together very well, but the food was fresh, flavorful, and something for everyone!  Waaaaay better than Country Buffet.  That is like comparing a Frog to a Prince.  After dinner we did a couple rides and then headed to our reserved seats at the show.  The show was fun – lots of lights and fire.  The story line was a little weird – that is to say there really wasn’t a story line.  Mike kept saying – “I don’t get it, what is going on?”  Mike thinks in a linear fashion.  Nothing wrong with that.

The next day we went back to Hollywood Studios and I think my favorite ride was the Toy Story ride.  It is a virtual shooting gallery where you go from screen to screen and shoot at the different carnival games.  It was really fun.  I held Sam on my lap and Gabe had his gun next to me.  Sam didn’t get a chance to shoot because I was too busy trying to do my own shooting – Mike always kicks my butt so I had to give it my full attention.  Luckily Sam is barely two and he won’t remember that Mommy didn’t let him play.

 

The Kilamanjaro Raft ride is Ben’s favorite.  I managed to get Gabe to ride it with me – Gabe and I both wore rain jackets. Not getting wet was good.

DSC_0169DSC_0172

Sam is such a cute little monkey.

DSC_0176

DSC_0179

DSC_0183

DSC_0189

Ben is expressing his anxiety on the African Safari ride.

 

DSC_0190

 

DSC_0194

 

DSC_0206

Post muppet show – a tired and hungry crew.

DSC_0213

In Hollywood Studios there is a fabulous playground based on “A Bug’s Life”.  We spent a lot of time there.

DSC_0217

DSC_0220

DSC_0222

 

At one point we found Winnie the Pooh and Sam was so excited to see a Giant Bear that could cuddle him instead of the other way around.

.DSC_0227DSC_0228

 

Just some cute pics of the boys while killing time.DSC_0234

DSC_0238

DSC_0241

No comments:

Post a Comment