Monday, May 14, 2012

Ode to Mothers

 

Mother’s Day was lovely here in the house of Fairchild.  Mike made a delicious meal while I watched a Harry Potter movie with the boys.  I heard Mike whipping, clanking, stirring, beeping – all the noises an industrious kitchen makes.  It made me smile.  He used recipes from the April/May edition of Cook’s Country.  The chicken was tender, juicy and flavorful because it was cooked in cream – anything tastes delicious with some cream.  He made “Fingerling Potatoes” and asparagus with a Parmesan crust.  DIVINE! 

Doesn’t it look delicious?

009

Thanks to my sweetie! 

I have been doing some Mother’s Day pondering – thinking about all the women who have influenced me.  There are so many and not all of them are mothers with children, but are mothers at heart.  I am grateful for my own mother and mother in law – for the women that they once were and the women they are today.  I am grateful for all the women that have gone before me and set such marvelous examples.  I am grateful for good friends who are amazing and honest mothers themselves.  Being a mother is not always easy and the rewards are not always immediate, but it is worthwhile and I can honestly say that it is my favorite job (and I have had more than a few jobs).   I am also very grateful that as a mother, I can take a nap every once in awhile too!

mary-cassatt-mother-and-child

No comments:

Post a Comment