Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ben's Maps and my cooking mishmash

I must warn you - the following is not for the faint of heart - it might be a little scary!

Earlier this week Ben drew a couple of maps to prepare for the "fighting" songs. I have mentioned these songs before, but I'll give a recap. The boys like to listen to soundtracks from movies with dramatic music - the recent favorites have been "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "The Last Samurai". I highly recommend them.  They have also been listening to "Master and Commander" - another excellent choice for dramatic songs. 

Anyway, Ben drew up a couple of maps as you can see below - Zombie Island, Ghost Island, and Skeleton Island.  Ben would hold the maps and tell Gabe where they were and where they were going and who they were battling.  The part that had me quietly giggling was when Ben looked down at the Zombie Map, shuddered (for real) and said, "I am creeping myself out by looking at these maps!  I hope I don't have nightmares!"  Awesome.  Frightened by his own drawings. Zombie Island is pretty scary!






DINNER TIME!

On Sunday night I made Spicy Pork and Broccoli Stir Fry.  It was really good and easy to make. But it's one of those things that you have to plan for - to have a pork loin lying around is not very normal, but luckily I bought one of those double packs from Costco not long ago and it was collecting frost in the freezer.  It was time for it to be cooked up. I used frozen broccoli,which is better for you anyway - it is flash frozen and actually has more nutritional value than the non frozen.


Last night I made this AWESOME meatloaf.  It's called Ham and Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf.  It takes a little bit more effort - you fry up the onions and garlic and also cook a glaze for the top, but it is sooooo yummy.  I liked the ham and cheese in the middle - kind of a surprise! The boys loved it and Sam - who usually pushes his dinner away gobbled it up (mixed with some mashed potatoes). 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment