Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Benjamin and the love letter

Today I was getting Ben's stuff out of his backpack and I pulled out a handmade, construction paper card with a big heart on the front and "to Ben". Inside was a bona fide love note - "I love you Ben. From Brooke".

I showed it to Ben and he hunched over, put his hands on his hips and said in a goofy voice with an embarrased look on his face, "OOOOH, that is from Brooke! She is in love with me and wants to marry me!" I laughed, he laughed. "That's crazy!! Doesn't she know that you are only 6 years old?" "Yeah! But she said she wants to marry me!"

Ben snatched the card from me and tore it into little shreds. He told me later that night that he is in love with Bianca. Funny thing is, he is a little infatuated with her. Yesterday I told Ben I was going to pick him up from school and he said, "Awwww, I wanted to ride the bus home!" I asked him why and he told me that he enjoys his chat time with Bianca on the bus ride home. My little Don Juan. FYI - he gets no encouragement from Mike and I - we only listen. We giggle about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment