Tuesday, January 17, 2012

We will weather the weather (and more Sammy)

Last night was a rough one and I am pooped.  We had some crazy weather roll through our town. It was about 60 degrees and windy yesterday - mostly a nice day.  However, there were some serious looking clouds overhead.  At about 2:00 am the thunder and rain started - and it sounds like a serious case of indigestion coming from the sky - constant rumbling. Then at about 2:30 am the tornado sirens went off.  Mike was already in Gabe's bed, trying to keep the boys company (such a sweet husband) while I watched the news.

Fortunately we were not in the tornado zone, but the weather was still freaky enough to keep me awake.  Finally at about 3:30 I went back to sleep only to be awakened by hail at 4:45. 

Today while driving home from Ben's school I asked him how his day was.  He said, "I just kept laying my head on my desk all day long."

"What? Why did you have your head on the desk? Did you not feel well?" I asked.

"No, I am just really tired.  Everyone else in the class was doing the same thing." He responded.

We weren't the only ones freaked out by the storm. Can't wait till summer when the real action begins.  I think I am going to have a heart attack.


On to cuter things.  I know I take a lot of pictures of Sammy - he just seems to provide me with lots of fodder.  And the great thing is that he is willing to pose.  Ben caught him doing this cute little pose at the kitchen table and I managed to get him to repeat it.  I have never had any child who has responded so well to taking a photo.  Sammy has a nickname and it is "The Politician".  He knows how to charm a crowd and he will pose for pictures.





Not long ago I bought some yummy Tzatziki sauce from Costco and after it was gone, I mourned the empty container.  However, I thought that I could make it myself and it might even be a little healthier/yummier.  I bought Oikos plain yogurt and also some light sour cream.  I used about half the yogurt in the container and about a spoonful of sour cream.  Then I added about 2 tblsp of dill (dried dill) and about 1 tsp of Lawry's seasoning salt.  Then I crushed one garlic clove and added some chopped cucumber (about 1/2 a cucumber). 

It ended up perfect.  I ate it with a chickpea/spinach patty (from Costco again) and it was YUMMY.
The good thing is once it is gone, I still have more of the ingredients left over to make more.  Even Sammy likes this dip.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment